Creating a Travel/First Aid Kit Using Essential Oil Therapy
Come explore and experience essential oils and learn the many benefits of application. Students will learn the profiles of seven different essential oils and two hydrosols, including therapeutic qualities, energetics, plant parts and chakra balancing. Students will gain a basic understanding of the chemistry of essential oils that lends the oil its qualities. $12 Materials Fee due day of class.
From the information learned students will create their own travel or first aid kit. Student will make three therapeutic blends from the following selection:
- Roll-on – great application tool for headaches, scraps, cuts, foot reflexology, and perfume
- Salt scrubs – use in foot scrubs and bath soaks
- Inhaler – this application works for motion sickness, jet lag, emotional relief, respiratory relief
- Spray/spritz – use these as a cooling spray, pillow spray, insect repellant, antiseptic spray
- Stock blend – stock blends are 100% pure essential oils that can be added to infusers, your favorite lotions and oils or to a salt scrub or bath
Samaara Robbins is dedicated to the healing arts. She graduated from San Jose State University working in her field of conservation biology for over 10 years before her interests shifted to the human body. She is a Certified Massage Therapist, Certified Aromatherapist and currently completing her Clinical Aromatherapy Certification through Stillpoint Studies. She is the owner of Kaori Oils, promoting the healing properties of wildcrafted and organic essential oils, herbal infusions, and bodycare products. Since 2009, she has worked extensively with cancer patients and those at the end of life.